|“||This shit just went from Mission: Impossible to Mission: in-freaking-sanity!||”|
— Roman to Dom and his crew
|Portrayed by Tyrese Gibson|
|Full name||Roman Pearce|
|Occupation|| Street Racer
|Hair color||Black (bald)|
F5 - F&F6 - F&F7
Roman Pearce is a childhood friend of Brian O'Conner and notorious for talking too much. An ex-convict he met and befriended Brian in juvenile detention. They take down Miami drug lord Carter Verone together and he later becomes a member of Dominic 's crew.
Childhood friend of Brian O'Conner and future business partner in operating an auto shop. Rome met Brian O'Conner in juvenile detention (Brian was serving time for boosting cars) and they became good friends.
Two months after Brian finished Police Academy, Roman was arrested when he was found in a garage with eight stolen cars. Although O'Conner had no prior information for Pearce's arrest, Pearce overall blamed O'Conner for the simple fact that he was a cop, with Roman having negative attitude towards law enforcement. He was later paroled, but on house arrest with anklet and in 2 Fast 2 Furious was seen driving in a demolition derby. the only reason he could drive there was because he was parked so close the derby.
Pearce and O'Conner later mended their ways when Pearce agreed to participate in a sting operation on Miami drug lord Carter Verone and later talked about opening their own high performance garage using pocketed amounts of Verone's drug money. However, when O'Conner became an FBI agent, Roman started spending time and money gambling in Las Vegas, according to his Fast Five profile.
Roman appears again in Fast Five as part of Dominic and Brian's team as a "fast-talker" (i.e. someone who can lie their way through anything) in their attempt to steal a vault from a corrupt Brazilian businessman. He is reluctant at first, thinking the mission is personal and not being good business until Dominic utters the vault is full one hundred million dollars in cash which is enough to change his mind. With his cut of the money he buys a Koenigsegg sports car, a plane and according to han in fast and furious 6 alot of bling for his girlfriends.
The beginning of the film portrays each member of the crew's respective lives following the heist in Rio. Roman is shown in his own private jet with many women etc. Roman immediately travels to England to join Dominic's crew when informed that Dom and Brian need have a job in order to find Letty and capture Shaw. He is recruited as the fast talker and someone who can "bullshit" their way through anything. Roman's character introduces the comedic side to the film and his reckless and flamboyant attitude makes him a jovial addition to Dominic's crew.
"You say what? This shit just went from Mission: Impossible to mission: in freaking sanity! Whatever man. I ain't scared, I'm just letting you all know: going in that building it's crazy!" "[laughs] Really! [laughs] Where did you get that from? Papa Smurf?"
Roman: You know, I think I make a better special agent than you ever did.
Brian: I guess that depends on how you define "special".
"11 million. Sound like a whole lot vaginal activity to me."
Tej: Aw, hell no. They really went and scraped the bottom of the barrel here, didn't they?
Roman: I guess they did, since your ass is here. When are you gonna give Martin Luther King his car back?
Tej: Just as soon as you give Rick James his jacket back.
'Roman: (after he has a head start on the million dollar quarter mile): Oh Imma get this money! I'm hongry!
Tej: Guys, they have a tank!
Roman: I'm sorry, did somebody said "a tank"? Do we have a plan "B"?
Tej: Plan "B": we need a plan"C", "D", and "E"! We need more alphabets!
"'Guys, I gotta tank on my ass. I repeat, I gotta tank on my ass."
"This is gonna be awkward"
Roman and Tej: But sexy as hell
(Prayer at the end) Roman: "Father thank you for the gathering of friends, Father we give thanks for all the choices we've made because that's what makes us who we are, let us forever cherish the loved ones we've lost along the way thank you for the little angel, the newest addition to our family, thank you for bringing Letty home, and most of all thank you for fast cars."
- 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GTS
- 2011 Dodge Charger R/T Police Car
- 2010 Koenigsegg CCXR
- 1969 Ford Mustang
- Whilst Roman is notorious for his big mouth he is often picked on for his large forehead (particularly by Dom)
- Roman clearly dislikes and mistrusts the police. He blamed Brian for having him busted by the police although Brian had no information of his arrest. He even mentioned to Carter Verone that he has a problem with authority (the police).
- It is unknown whether Roman and Brian opened a garage in Miami although Brian mentioned about opening one.
- It is implied that Roman is obsessed with money. Such as when Brian told him his "pockets weren't empty" and Roman showed him the drug money mentioning "we ain't hungry no more either," stealing the money before he helped Brian apprehend Carter Verone. In Fast Five he is reluctant with the mission, thinking the mission is personal and not being good business until Dominic mentions the vault is full of millions of dollars in cash which is enough to change his mind.
- Pearce started spending time and money gambling in Las Vegas, according to his Fast Five profile.