Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Fast & Furious 6|
|Starring||Vin Diesel as Dominic Toretto|
Paul Walker † as Brian O'Conner
Dwayne Johnson as Luke Hobbs
Jordana Brewster as Mia Toretto
Michelle Rodriguez as Letty Ortiz
Tyrese Gibson as Roman Pearce
Sung Kang as Han Seoul-Oh
Gal Gadot as Gisele Harabo
Chris Bridges as Tej Parker
Elsa Pataky as Elena Neves
Luke Evans as Owen Shaw
Gina Carano as Riley
|Release date||May 24, 2013 (USA) - May 17, 2013 (UK)|
|Previous film||Fast Five|
|Next film||Fast & Furious 7 (release order) |
Tokyo Drift (chronological order)
|The Fast and Furious (series)|
Fast & Furious 6 (also known as Fast Six, 6 Furious or Furious 6) is the sixth installment of the film series. Paul Walker, Vin Diesel, Chris Bridges, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson all reprise their roles from previous installments.
Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and Dwayne Johnson lead the returning cast of all-stars as the global blockbuster franchise built on speed races to its next continent in Fast & Furious 6. Reuniting for their most high-stakes adventure yet, fan favorites Jordana Brewster, Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson, Sung Kang, Gal Gadot, Chris "Ludacris" Bridges and Elsa Pataky are joined by badass series newcomers Luke Evans and Gina Carano.
Since Dom (Diesel) and Brian's (Walker) Rio heist toppled a kingpin's empire and left their crew with $100 million, our heroes have scattered across the globe. But their inability to return home and living forever on the lam have left their lives incomplete.
Meanwhile, Hobbs (Johnson) has been tracking an organization of lethally skilled mercenary drivers across 12 countries, whose mastermind (Evans) is aided by a ruthless second-in-command revealed to be the love Dom thought was dead, Letty (Rodriguez). The only way to stop the criminal outfit is to outmatch them at street level, so Hobbs asks Dom to assemble his elite team in London. Payment? Full pardons for all of them so they can return home and make their families whole again.
Building on the worldwide blockbuster success of Fast Five and taking the action, stunts and narrative to even greater heights, Fast & Furious 6 sees director Justin Lin back behind the camera for the fourth time. He is supported by longtime producers Neal H. Moritz and Vin Diesel, who welcome producer Clayton Townsend back to the series.
Production on this upcoming film
Diesel confirmed in the February of the year 2010 that a sixth movie would be created and producer Neal H. Moritz announced in the January of the year 2011:
"In Vin and my mind we already know what the sixth movie is, we’ve already been talking about it. Vin and I have had numerous conversations about what that might be. And we’re starting to get serious about it right now. We just finished [Fast Five] like 4 or 5 weeks ago and we just needed a break, and now we’re gonna start focusing on that."
It has also confirmed that Universal intended to transform the series from street-racing action into a series of heist films with car chases in the vein of The Italian Job (1969) and The French Connection (1971), with Fast Five as the transitional movie. Universal chairman Adam Fogelson said:
"The question putting Fast Five and Fast Six together for us was: Can we take it out of being a pure car culture movie and into being a true action franchise in the spirit of those great heist films made 10 or 15 years ago?"
He also said that the racing aspect had put a "ceiling" on the number of people willing to see films in the series, and that, by turning it into a series where car driving ability is just one aspect of the film, he hoped to increase the series' audience. Filming had also officially started in both the United Kingdom and Germany in the year 2012 on July 30 and ended production on December 17.
- Protagonist team-FF6.jpg
- 2418-D008-00108-jpg 210813.jpg
- 2418-D012-00084RV2-jpg 210813.jpg
- 2418-D015-00002-jpg 210813.jpg
- 2418-D015-00058R-jpg 210813.jpg
- 2418-D021-00291R-jpg 210813.jpg
- 2418-D024-00249R-jpg 210816.jpg
- 2418-D060-00081-jpg 210816.jpg
- 2418-D063-00198-0225RV2-COMP-jpg 210817.jpg
- 2418-D073-00102-jpg 210817.jpg
- 2418-DN-TNK-4795-V034-1001-jpg 210819.jpg
- Movies fast and furious 6 still 1.jpg
Universal Pictures has announced there will be 7th installment of the franchise but wouldn't be filmed until after production of Fast 6 has been completed. However, both the 6th and 7th film wouldn't be filmed together due to changes of weather in the areas Universal intended to produce them in.
On March 31, Diesel hinted that a seventh instalment in the series will begin shooting this summer. Diesel wrote on Facebook "There was an early screening in LA this week of Fast 6. The crowd reaction was surreal... and their demand for the continuation was powerful...
"It's remarkable to think I first embodied this character in 1999... and the evolution continues.
"P.s. Filming begins this summer in LA, where it all started... talk about a studio in sync with the audience."
On April 4, Justin Lin announced that he won't return to direct the seventh film. James Wan has been announced as the sequel's director.
James Wan was announced as the sequel's director, with Moritz returning to produce and Morgan returning to write the script, his fifth in the series. Diesel and Walker were also confirmed to return to star.
Johnson said that if Universal pursued the accelerated development of a seventh film, he would be unable to participate due to scheduling conflicts with filming on Hercules.
On April 16, 2013, Diesel announced that the sequel would be released on July 11, 2014, with production scheduled to begin in August 2013.
- Several hero cars for the new film are being procured from California-based Lucra Cars.
- Rihanna was rumored for a role.
- Jason Statham and David Tennant were at different points considered to play the film's antagonist before Luke Evans signed on.
- It is interesting to note that Jason will be playing main antagonist in the next film.
- An early leaked version of the Super Bowl TV spot showed the title "Furious 6" as the title of the film. The later released teaser poster and TV spot showed the final title of the film.
- This is probably the last film Justin Lin will be directing, as he will not be directing the seventh film.
- The running time of this film is 130 minutes (2 hours and 10 minutes) making it the equal longest Fast and Furious movie in the series.
- This movie have related mobile games on both iPhone and Android. The game's name is "Fast & Furious 6 :The Game"
- It is interesting to note that almost each member of Toretto's team faced their evil twin in the ending.
- Brian and Vegh have a face off in the cars and Vegh is wrecked.
- Hobbs and Klaus fight inside.
- Riley and Letty have a fight inside and Riley is thrown out of the plane.
- Dom and Shaw fight inside and Shaw is knocked off the plane.
- Jah and Denlinger are killed during a car fight with Hans and the others.