|Fast & Furious: Supercharged|
|Fast & Furious: Supercharged logo|
David Niles White
Chris Andrew Ciulla
|Distributor||Universal Studios Hollywood|
|Release date||June 25, 2015|
|The Fast and Furious (series)|
|“||Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the world-famous Studio Tour and hold on tight for the all-new grand finale, Fast & Furious – Supercharged! Ride along with the all-star cast from the hit movies on an exhilarating high-speed chase that exceeds 120 miles per hour and catapults you into the high-stakes underworld of fast cars and international crime cartels. You’ll be engulfed in a world of cutting-edge, hyper-realistic special effects, including 3D-HD imagery projected onto the world’s most expansive 360-degree screens!||”|
— Official Description
Fast & Furious: Supercharged was announced in March 2015 by Universal Studios Hollywood. An exclusive ninety minute behind the scenes featurette was promoted on NBC during a special telecast of 2011 Fast & Furious film, Fast Five, March 21, 2015. Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson, Dwayne Johnson and Luke Evans were all confirmed to make appearances in the studio attraction theme. The attraction sits in the area formerly occupied by the Glacier Avalanche, which had occupied the site from 1975 to September 3, 2013. It was demolished to allow construction of Supercharged to proceed. 
The ride will also be coming to Universal Studios Orlando in 2017.
The hydraulic motion-based ride will combine special effects with a state-of-the-art 3D audio system and 3D-HD imagery projected onto the world’s longest and most expansive 360-degree screen that spans nearly 400 feet in length to encircle Studio Tour guests within a newly constructed, 65,000-square-foot structure on the backlot.
The custom-built screen will employ 34 4K projectors and a new projection configuration system to envelop guests. The tram route also includes prop cars from the Fast & Furious series, including Diesel’s Dodge Charger. Fast & Furious: Supercharged was in production for a year before its completition in 2015.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Fast & Furious: Supercharged (2015) - Internet Movie Database.com
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Universal Studios Hollywood Unveils Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Footage of Much-Anticipated Thrill Ride "Fast & Furious-Supercharged" and Officially Announces Ride's June 25 Grand Opening Date
- ↑ Fast & Furious: Supercharged
- ↑ The Mummy’s Tomb Has Been Demolished
- ↑ The Definitive Review: Fast & Furious: Supercharged on the Studio Tour
- ↑ Fast & Furious: Supercharged will open at Universal Orlando Resort in 2017
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 ‘Fast & Furious-Supercharged’ to Open at Universal Studios Hollywood on June 25
- ↑ Fast & Furious: Supercharged - IGN.com